Our last full day here in South Dakota, we enjoyed a day of rest as we prepare for our 30 hour drive home beginning tomorrow morning. Our group spread throughout the city to pick up any last minute items, as well as last minute connections with the community. We invited CCCC members to join us for dinner so that we and them could say “see you later” and share praise and worship to all the Lord has accomplished during our time here. We will all rise early tomorrow to load our vehicles, clean the facilities, and begin our journey home.
But before we go… here’s a little clip of what happens after we pray for the food. This was taught to us by one of the church’s youth, Annabelle. Hands, Friends, & Food
Plus, here’s an exhortation from Pastor Greg to the HSE students…
HSE Director, Chaz (Left) & Calvary Chapel Community Church’s Pastor, Pastor Greg (Right)
I saw Proverbs 27:17 lived out in this group: “As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.” Just to watch you guys sharpen each other and our community was really cool. Instead of being students, you took on roles of teaching as you took the time to invest in our community.
Some exhortations I have for you guys:
- If God is going to use you, He is going to test you first. Proverbs 24:10 says,” If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength!”
- The fear of the Lord is to hate evil (Proverbs 8:13). We cannot be neutral on evil. That is a problem we have in the Body of Christ, and it breaks the heart of God because He wants so much more for us.
- Wisdom and experience triumph over youth and zeal.
- The fiercest fighting is at the front lines of the battle.
- Compassion and truth are connected. “Truth without love is brutality and love without truth is hypocrisy (Warren Wiersbe).”
- Don’t blame-shift.
- Choose joy, knowing that God heals the broken hearted.